Synthetic Slate Roofing in Santa Cruz County
Professional Roofing Services from Knox Roofing
Synthetic slate roofs are beautiful and durable, perfect for homes and office buildings in Santa Cruz County, CA. With more than 30 years of experience, Knox Roofing proudly provides synthetic slate roofing installation services. Contact us today to take advantage of a free estimate, financing options, and outstanding customer service.
What Is Synthetic Slate Roofing?
Synthetic slate roofing is made from plastic and rubber materials, designed to look like authentic slate roofing. There are a wide variety of styles available to match the aesthetic of any home or office building.
What Is Synthetic Slate Roofing Made Of?
Synthetic slate roofing is made from an array of materials, including polymers, clay, plastic, fiber cement, steel, rubber, and asphalt. Each material, or combination of materials, offers different strengths, weaknesses, and pricing.
Is It Difficult to Install a Synthetic Slate Roof?
Installing a synthetic slate roof is not difficult. Synthetic slate is much lighter than natural slate, making it easier and faster to install. While natural slate is expensive to ship and requires specialized tools to install, synthetic slate is easy to transport and can be installed with standard roofing nails and a nail gun. They can even be cut with just a utility knife!
The Benefits of Synthetic Slate Roofing
Synthetic slate roofing not only looks identical to real stone but is more durable and much less expensive. Here are some of the most significant benefits of choosing synthetic slate roofing for your residential or commercial property:
- Environmentally-Friendly – Synthetic slate roofing can last as long as 100 years, and when its lifespan ends, it can be recycled!
- Durable – The materials used to create synthetic slate are designed to reduce wear and tear, making it more durable than authentic slate.
- Impact/Fire-Resistant – Synthetic slate has modifiers that can withstand damage from storms and fire.
- Affordable – Since synthetic slate is much lighter than authentic slate, it is less expensive to transport and install.
- Lightweight – Installation is much easier due to how light synthetic slate is, and how easy it is to use.
- Variety of Shapes/Cuts – Synthetic slate is available in square-cut, chiseled-tip cut, and rounded cut to match any aesthetic.
- Low-Maintenance – After properly installing synthetic slate roofing, the roof is almost maintenance-free unless unexpected damage occurs.
- Increased Home Value – A synthetic slate roof can add to the resale value of your residential or commercial property!
Get Your Free Estimate from Knox Roofing
If you need a synthetic slate roofing contractor, choose Knox Roofing. With more than 30 years of experience, our team can help make your dream roof a reality. Knox Roofing provides synthetic slate roofing installation services in Santa Cruz County, CA, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today to learn more or to get your free estimate!